By Elaine N. Schoch
I grew up in Texas and visited San Antonio quit often. However, I never made it to Sea World. Perhaps, my history professor father was more interested in taking us to the Alamo and River Walk. Regardless, I missed out, until now.
We were able to check out a few shows, including “The Cannery Row Caper”. Hilarious. Here’s a quick clip I caught on my Flip.
Shamu’s Happy Harbor
Even Shamu has an iPhone
- I was very surprised by the food selections at Sea World. You could actually get a very tasty healthy meal in the Sea Star Market.
- Buy your tickets online to save money. Sea World has an online only offer for four tickets, each cost $47 – a $10 savings. (Kids two and under are free.) There are several kiosks onsite where you can purchase your tickets, these seem great if it’s a crowded day.
- A great resource for Sea World with kids is the Sea World Mommy blog.
- Download a map of the park in advance so you can plan your route. (Go to Plan Your Trip, Print Map)
- Check shows time in advance so you can plan your route. You can pay for other, private shows done before the park opens. They sounds fun but probably not the best venue for a two-year-old, thus we saved our money.
- Download the Sea World iPhone app. It’s free and has a ton of information – maps, show times, etc. See my next blog post/review on it.