Wine tourism is booming! While wine is clearly the draw for why people visit a specific wine region, studies have found “factors appear to influence wine tourists travel to a particular region, including the experience at the winery and general tourism opportunities in the area.”
Wine tourists seek a broad range of experiences, not just a simple wine tasting.
At Carpe Travel, Elaine Schoch, an award-winning travel writer, wine judge and WSET certified shares the back story of wine, its region, the people making it standout, and of course where to sip, stay and what to do beyond the vines. With every 50 states in the United States producing wine, combining a vacation with a visit to wine country has never been easier. Carpe Travel is dedicated to showcasing wine regions within the United States, as well as other wine regions around the world.
- Over 60% of wine tourists had traveled internationally in the past two years.
- Over 50% of wine tourists had taken at least five overnight trips in the past year.
- 2% of wine tourists had incomes over $100,000, compared to 30% of the leisure traveler population.
- Generation X claimed the largest number of wine tourist of all the age groups. This could be a function of age and income, as theoretically Gen Xers have more money than Millennials simply by the fact that they have been in the workforce longer and Boomers since many of them are likely retired.
- In addition to wine activities, 93% of wine tourists are likely to go sightseeing, 85% likely to visit historical or cultural attractions, 81% likely to go shopping, 66% likely to attend major events unrelated to wine, and 60% likely to attend performing arts events.
Wine tourists like to do A LOT of other stuff too. At Carpe Travel, we’re working to create a balanced wine country getaway all wine lovers will savor.
Elaine is available a variety of different types of brand partnerships. A few include…
- Brand Ambassador Programs
- Influencer Marketing
- Product / Wine Reviews
- Public Speaking
- Image Licensing
- Sponsored Posts
If you’re interested in working with Carpe Travel, please contact Elaine for rates and/or a media kit.