- Free horse drawn carriage rides through historic downtown Golden. (Pick up your ride on 12th Street between Washington and Arapahoe.)
- Newfoundland Dog Cart Rides for children. It’s free but donations are appreciated and benefit Newfoundland Dog Rescue Fund. (Pick up your ride on 12th and Jackson Street.)
- Letters to Santa: Stop by the Visitors Center to mail your letter to Santa in the North Pole mail box.
- See Santa: This Saturday, Dec. 18, Santa will be at Avenue Gifts (1212 Washington Avenue) for kids to personally tell him what they’re wishing for this Christmas.
- A free event that takes places every Saturday Dec. 4, Dec. 11, Dec. 18.
- It’s a true olde-fashioned hometown parade, complete with music, floats and Santa.
- Parking is free.
- More photos from the event
Verdict: Olde Golden Christmas Parade
I have to admit that while I think the Olde Golden Christmas Parade and activities are, well golden, as a resident I am very disappointed the city hasn’t done a better job marketing these activities outside of the city to drive people into downtown. During my “list making” none of the activities in Golden were noted on the major holiday schedules…which is great for those not wanting crowds!
Have you attended the Olde Golden Christmas Parade? What are some of your favorite Christmas events?